15 Affirmations Closer To Being Your Own Boss
An affirmation is a positive statement which is repeated to encourage success in the area of life in which it’s directed. The idea behind an affirmation is that a positive mind will deflate any negativity preventing you from achieving your desired state of being.
Modern society grooms us to believe that there’s only one specific way to live. Go to school, attend college, work for the next 30-40 years, and then hope there’s money in your retirement fund when you finally realize you’ve worked your life away.
What about your dreams? What about that aspiration you had as a child to own your own doctor’s office or travel the world? Or maybe a conventional 9-5 was never what you pictured. Maybe you dreamt of being a writer or artist.
We all had dreams, we had an idea of how absolutely awesome our life was going to be. Just the idea of fulfilling those dreams gave us this exhilarating feeling of excitement for the future…..
….And then reality hit.
The most recent census report estimates that only about 11.8% of Americans own their own businesses. An article written in International Business Times states that in 2014 only 21.4% of Americans traveled abroad, 11.7% of which only went as far as Canada and Mexico.
11.8% let that number sink in a bit.
I’m sure the other 89% had no intentions of working under someone else for their entire lives, but we’re trained to believe that there’s a cycle to follow. Most “impractical” thinking is smothered before we allow it to breathe.
After high school I have never actually worked your typical 9-5. The idea of working towards someone else’s dream for 40 years has never appealed to me.
I’m still working out the kinks, but I always have dreamt of being an artist or author. As a child I could paint and write poetry for hours. Though, determining exactly how to make money as such is a hell of a lot harder than following blue prints.
“The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks.” – Douglas Adams
Here are 15 affirmations to help you regain focus on the dreams you have lost or given up. It’s never too late to live a life that you’re truly proud of.
- My purpose is clear and my life path opens before me.
- Empowered thoughts and determination are the foundation in which I build my dreams.
- Today I will convert my potential into action and my action into results.
- I will push through my barriers to achieve better things.
- Today I will spend more energy on my goals than on my worries.
- I give myself completely to my purpose and my purpose gives me completely to success and happiness.
- Today I will find a deeper confidence in myself.
- I am not too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream.
- Doors of opportunity will fly open for my goals
- My possibilities are endless.
- Every day my life gets better and closer to the reflection I desire.
- With every positive effort I will be equally rewarded.
- My personality is radiant with confidence, certainty and optimism.
- At every turn, opportunity appears before me.
- Today is rich with opportunities and I open my heart to receive them.
If you have any affirmations you would like to add please leave them below 🙂 Lets spread the positivity